Squirts 79cc Predator Class Rules
This class is intended as a somewhat cost effective kid class for ages 5-8 year old racers. The class will run the 79cc predator engine out of the box allowing only the modifications listed below. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Below are some rules for setting up the clutch and throttle and guidelines for the engine.
* Approved Engines: OHV ( Overhead Valve) 79cc (3HP) Harbor Freight Predator Engine
* Class: Squirt ( 5-8 yrs.) 200 Pounds
* Note that the track has the right to make exceptions to what class a junior driver can race in
based on age and or experience for the safety of the driver as well as other competitors.
* Engine Components: Engine must be stock 79cc Predator engine with factory governor intact
and functioning. Governor may be adjusted to 4000 rpm +/- 200 rpm at full throttle no load.
This will be checked and finalized by track officials upon registration.
* The engine must be run out of the box.
* Low oil sensor may be unplugged or removed and block plugged
* You must run the factory gas tank
* Chain guard mandatory and may run a heat shield
* Gas cap may be vented
* Must run a full rear bumper for safety reasons
* Flywheel and Ignition: Must use stock flywheel, ignition coil, plug wire, and resistor spark plug
boot. Spark plug is non tech. The engine must have a key way as installed by the factory on
* Fuel: 87 octane only. No additives an No menthol
* Carburetor: Carb MUST REMAIN STOCK
* Cylinder Head: Must be OEM 79cc Predator type casting only. Intake and exhaust ports must remain
as factory produced, porting or deburring not permitted. Transition edge from port runner to
bowl area must remain defined edge. Head gasket surface must remain stock, no copper or
* Valve train: Stock valves only, must use stock pushrods, rocker arms, retainers and valve springs,
no alterations and or after market valve train components allowed. Camshaft must remain stock.
Crank rod and piston must be as factory without any modifications, stock piston rings only.
* Starter: Recoil pull start only. Pull starter may be rotated for better cranking angle and have better quality replacement rope installed.
* Clutch: All squirts must run a drum clutch only. The clutch is open to any drum clutch 5/8" or 3/4"
bore hub. The 3/4" hub clutch will require a clutch adapter.
* Headers and mufflers: Must remain factory muffler in stock form only. No aftermarket headers or
mufflers, no modifications to factory muffler.